Project64 is a popular Nintendo 64 emulator that allows you to play N64 games on your computer. To set up a controller with Project64, you will need to configure the controller’s buttons and axes in the emulator’s controller plugin settings.
- Open Project64 and click on the “Options” menu.
- Select “Configure Controller Plugin.”
- In the “Configure Controller Plugin” window, select your controller from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Configure” button to open the controller configuration window.
- In the configuration window, you can map the controller’s buttons and axes to the corresponding inputs in the emulator.
- Once you have configured the controller, click on the “OK” button to save your changes.
- You can also test your controller by clicking on the “Test Input” button to ensure that the buttons and axes are configured correctly.
Note: The steps may vary slightly depending on which version of Project64 you are using. Also, It’s recommended to check the Project64 documentation for any further details.
After setting up your controller, you should be able to use it to play N64 games in Project64. You can navigate through the emulator’s menus and play games using the buttons and axes that you have configured. Some games may have unique controls, so you may need to experiment with different button configurations to find the one that works best for you.
If you encounter any issues with your controller, such as buttons not working or axes being inverted, you can go back to the “Configure Controller Plugin” window and adjust the settings. You may also try troubleshooting by checking the controller is working fine outside of the emulator and also try different controller plugin available in the Project64.
In addition to configuring the controller, you can also adjust other settings in Project64 such as video and audio settings, to optimize your gaming experience.
It’s also worth mentioning that Project64 also supports multiple controller setup, so you can connect multiple controller and play games with friends.